That was the sound of my brain hitting the floor when I was nominated by the dear Somersaulting Through Life (an amazing blogger, do visit her on her site!) to receive a VBA.[edit: link fixed! :)] Wow! I didn’t know what I did to receive this honor, but despite whatever miracle came my way, I ACCEPT! Thank you so, so much, STL, you made my day! I’ll probably be squealing about it for another month or so. I am now motivated to work even harder with this blog!
The rules to getting a VBA is to nominate 15 other bloggers that I like. Here are some ahhhmazing bloggers that I admire! Do check them out and spread the love! For the people that I nominated, no, you are not obligated to accept the award.
- Upallnightreading: who enlightened me to the fact that memes for bookworms like me exist. :)
- Lipstick, Lace, and Lattes: always inspiring me to mix up my daily wardrobe and try more daring pairings!
- Kathryn Rubidoux: whose whimsical blog posts and artwork seem to draw me into a unique and unfamiliar world.
- Salt and Serenity: whose blog is covered in decadent goodies and savory recipes that I absolutely adore.
- Elena Arvasi Photography: whose photos are always full of emotion and almost make me dizzy with awe. (Yes, I am jealous of her skills. SO UNBELIEVABLY JEALOUS.) =]
- Love Library: an inspirational librarian who seems to be the perfect combination of bookworm, stylish fashionista, and your funny girl-next-door.
- The Pescetarian and the Pig: I’d be lying if I said that what first attracted me to this blog WASN’T the fact that her title included a pig. However, I’d also be lying if I said that I wasn’t drooling with every succulent dish and delicious dessert posted on her blog!
- The Quirky Creative: always, always so funny. She brightens up my day all the time with her hilarious posts. :)
- Secret Sable: a fellow bookworm and one of my best friends. (This means update, girl!)
- After the Last Page: an awesome blog for YA book reviews and news!
- Wonderstruck17: because she is either a fan of Taylor Swift or Adam Young, both whom I admire so much, and she blogs on a variety of interesting topics that I am never tired of reading. :)
- A little something Extra: another great YA blog that I go to when I’m picking out books to read next. ^__^ We seem to be in the same age group, so it’s pretty nice and all, to see the words of someone not too far from my age.
- Kelsey’s Thoughts: an AHHHHMAZING photographer.
- Fork in My Eye: whose unique blog posts crack me up every single time. :)
- Girasole: vibrantly colored blog, filled with chic fashion inspiration for me to glean from.
These people are all such amazing, talented, inspirational bloggers. Again, please visit their sites (along with Somersaulting Through Life‘s) and check them out!
For those who have been nominated, the actual VBA website is here. Once more, here are the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Lastly, here are seven things about ME!
- I usually have a bag of Hershey’s kisses on my desk that I munch on. Yeah, it’s cheapo chocolate, but I like the shape and the small bite-sized pieces. :)
- I sound loud in my mind, but everyone that doesn’t know me very well thinks I’m the “quiet, shy girl”. I still don’t know if this is true. (Okay, I just got an inspiration for a future post…it’ll be called The Five Degrees of Affection. lol)
- I am a Grammar Nazi. (as referenced in this post)
- I am aiming to become a neurologist in the future. (Basically a doctor specializing in the nervous system and disorders relating to it, such as Parkinson’s, dementia, dyslexia, etc.)
- I like odd numbers more than even numbers. (The only acceptable even number is 42.) Which is why I’m happy that there are only seven facts needed.
- My favorite numbers are 17 and 19.
- I am a total Hayao Miyazaki/Joe Hisaishi fan. If you have not heard of Studio Ghibli before, I will personally smash your head into the floor and then make you watch a Miyazaki movie marathon.
One last thing, I promise! Here is a badge for those who have been nominated! You can put it somewhere on your blog, if you want. :)
Woop woop! Thanks for reading!
Until next time,