Alrighty, so recently I’ve been pretty obsessed with Pandora. Day in, day out, I’m always on Pandora. ALWAYS. So here are my mixes:
I normally can’t concentrate on homework if I’m listening to what I’d usually listen to (see below), but I get really bored and I end up getting distracted if I don’t put on some music. Some win-win stations/music:
- Cool Jazz radio
- Bossa Nova radio
- Smooth Jazz radio
- “Django” by The Modern Jazz Quartet (<–not a spelling error! I swear that’s the name of the song.)
- “Idle Moments” by Grant Green
- Owl City radio
For all your cookie-cutter, let’s-go-with-the-flow/dancey-dancey needs.
- “Good Time” by Owl City feat. Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Want U Back” by Cher Lloyd
- Today’s Hits radio
- “Give Your Heart a Break” by Demi Lovato
- “Titanium” by David Guetta, feat. Sia (NO KIDDING ONE OF MY FAVORITES ATM)
- DISNEY TUNES <333333 (does that count as mainstream?)
- Bon Iver
- Florence + The Machine
- Marina & the Diamonds
- The Naked and Famous
- “Pretty Face” by Soley
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Jimmy Eat World
- My Chemical Romance
- The Downtown Fiction (especially “I Just Wanna Run”)
- Killers (I’m especially liking “The World We Live In”)
- Panic! at the Disco (kinda meh atm)
- Nico Nico Douga stuff (aka Hanatan, Neru/Gero, Deco*27, ASK, ShounenT, etc. Yeah okay it’s pretty much Vocaloid otaku whatever stuff, don’t judge.)
- “Electric Feel” by MGMT
- “Hold Me” by Jamie Grace feat. TobyMac
- “Je Veux” by Zaz
- “Lights” by Ellie Goulding
- “Lullaby Birdland” (Kids on the Slope version)
- “MAMA” by EXO-K/EXO-M
- Young the Giant
- “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service
- “Breathe Today” by Flyleaf
- “Peach” by IU
- “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley
- “Universe” by The Fergies
- “Magnetic Man” by……………can’t remember.
As you might tell from this un-exhaustive playlist of sorts, I listen to a LOT of different genres. If you add some Passion Pit, Matchbox 20, Blink182, Muse, Olivia Ong, and OneRepublic, then maybe you’ve touched on like a sixth of the variety that I like. My playlists have absolutely no organization. It goes from Mindy Gledhill to Swedish House Mafia. No kidding.
(Also, is it bad that I really like the music from Burlesque? haha, I only ever listen to “Show Me How You Burlesque” now though.)
Not to mention, for some reason I have Malukah’s version of “The Dragonborn Comes” on my phone… -.- Even though I’ve never played Skyrim and have a very faint idea on what the game actually is about..
Ah! And I do like classical as well, but my two main (SO STEREOTYPICAL GOSH) favorites are Miroire by Ravel (I pretty much love the entire collection of pieces) and the Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin. There’s another one that I absolutely adore but can’t name off the top of my head.. I’ll look it up later.
Oh and a personal favorite jazz piece but completely unsuitable for homework because I get WAAAAAAAAY too immersed…(I blogged about this one) Moanin’ by Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers. They are so frigging awesome I can’t even.
Shutting Pandora’s box.
PS: if you see my vocabulary/writing style rapidly degenerate from using fancy vocabulary such as, I dunno, sycophant or something, to stuff like “LOLLLLLLLLLL no rly y u liddis GG” it’s because I’m tired. OK?