Oh my. How long has it been since I last blogged? (Weeks? Months? YEARS?)
I apologize; life has caught up to me as of late, and I’ve been barreled over with a cornucopia of events, both in the past and future:
- Started internship at hospital. (Highlight: bathed 500 pound lady. Everyone, please take care of your health. America is currently the country with the highest obesity count.)
- Took SATs. (Results out the 25th!)
- Got driver’s permit. (That was a couple of months ago…now to actually start driving.)
- Started thinking about colleges. (Flying across the country to visit universities next week!)
I feel like I’ve changed since the last time I was here. I’ve grown up a little, I’ve changed the way I’ve thought about some things, and maybe I’ve become a little happier. (I still am not a fan of Jane Austen, though. Poor Pride and Prejudice–I still haven’t finished the darn book.) So we can all agree that change is good, right? (RIGHT?)
I have a few goals I want to accomplish before I leave high school and begin a new life as an adult(?).
- Learn an instrument. (I’m thinking of violin.)
- Play a sport. (Tennis?)
- Get a job. (Barnes & Noble, here I come.)
- Make something meaningful out of this blog.
I don’t know where I’m going to go with this, but I think I’m on to something with Twigs for Pigs. I just need to hone my focus a bit more…and start afresh. Which is why…
I’m moving to a new site.
I understand that not all of you will follow me over to my new web platform, wherever it may be. (I’d be lucky if one of you, not counting close family or friends, subscribe to the new T4P.) However, I feel that right now, WordPress doesn’t allow me the creativity or flexibility that I’m dreaming of.
The transition will take some time, and it’s going to take a lot of work, so I’m not making any solid promises yet; I’m going to have to dream up a new logo, background, basically everything–but I have a few fun things in mind that I think you might enjoy. I have not yet decided on my new platform (I’m thinking Blogger, which I know allows html programming, if that’s what it’s called, unlike WordPress) but when I do, I will copy all of my posts over and notify you all before closing the site indefinitely.
If you would like to follow me on this journey, you are welcome to. If not, no hard feelings. We may (or may not) part at this road, but I hope to meet with you again someday.
Until next time and possibly farewell,
P.S. Do you know of any other good free blogging platforms I could use? I’m not really interested in Tumblr, though I do have one…